Open Y digital platform to Transition to Y-USA’s Digital Technology Team in 2022
Updated as of November 18, 2021: Based on community feedback and a leadership transition in the Y-USA Digital Technology team, the originally planned transition strategy and timelines have changed.
“Open Y started locally, experienced rapid growth and is now ready to be scaled nationally,” said Nathan Maehren, co-founder of Open Y and head of strategy and innovation for YMCA of the North.
The goals of the Open Y digital platform will remain the same under Y-USA’s eventual leadership and management:
- Connected YMCAs – deep digital collaboration across YMCA associations
- Digital Strategy – continued progress and commitment to our digital transformation
- Technology – connected and aligned digital platforms and products
- Sharing – creating economies of scale through shared learning and execution
- Cost – reducing barriers to technology adoption at an affordable cost
What You Need to Know About the Transition
- The Open Y Platform transition period is being extended to a date that is to be determined.
- Community involvement (Slack, Message Board, Monthly Calls, OpenY.org) will continue for the foreseeable future.
- More details will be determined and shared throughout Q4 2021 and into Q1 2022.
We want to share our gratitude: Open Y impact and successes were a result of all of you
Open Y is so many things, and perhaps most importantly it is community - a group of like-minded individuals putting energy and resources into digital for our common good. We are grateful for all the YMCAs and partners who have funded, supported and/or participated in Open Y up to this point. Thank you for being part of this journey with us.
Please submit your questions to the Open Y core team and the Y-USA technology team.
The Open Y Core Team and Y-USA