Open Y digital platform to Transition to Y-USA’s Digital Technology Team in 2022
Development of the Open Y digital platform for YMCA websites has begun its shift from the Open Y core team at YMCA of the North to Y-USA’s Digital Technology team. The transition will be complete on Jan. 1. Future enhancements, features and updates will be provided through Y Cloud.
This transition is made possible through the strong and successful collaboration between YMCA of the North and Y-USA.
“Open Y started locally, experienced rapid growth and is now ready to be scaled nationally,” said Nathan Maehren, co-founder of Open Y and head of strategy and innovation for YMCA of the North.
“With Y Cloud’s proven track record of scaling digital products and services like the YMCA Universal App and Virtual Y, Y-USA can continue to advance Open Y as a digital solution for Ys nationwide,” added Siva Balu, Y-USA’s chief information officer.
The Open Y platform aligns with Y-USA’s digital transformation strategy to seamlessly connect people to the Y through a user-centric digital experience.
Having achieved this significant and important milestone, the Open Y core team will now shift its focus to YMCA of the North priorities.
As the transition takes place, the Open Y Slack account will remain in place for digital collaboration until Dec. 31. Open Y agency partners, the YMCA Y Cloud team, Open Y website, message board and YouTube channel will continue to be available after Dec. 31.
The goals of Open Y digital platform remain the same under Y-USA’s leadership and management:
- Connected YMCAs – deep digital collaboration across YMCA associations
- Digital Strategy – continued progress and commitment to our digital transformation
- Technology – connected and aligned digital platforms and products
- Sharing – creating economies of scale through shared learning and execution
- Cost – reducing barriers to technology adoption at an affordable cost
What You Need to Know About the Transition
- The Open Y distribution will be publicly available on GitHub until Dec. 31
- Open Y distribution/code enhancements, new features and security updates by the Open Y core team will end as of Dec. 31
- Y-USA will provide enhancements, new features and security updates starting Jan. 1, 2022, through the Y Cloud platform
- The Open Y core team will resume work with YMCA of the North
- Y-USA team will provide support to Ys after the transition
- Y-USA will continue to accelerate and evolve the YMCA digital transformation efforts
- Y-USA will continue to offer and expand Y Cloud services to all YMCA associations
- Oct. 26: Y-USA and Open Y webinar
- Dec. 15: Last code update to the Open Y distribution/code
- Dec. 31: Open Y Slack account is turned off
- Dec. 31: Public access to the Open Y code will be removed from GitHub
- Dec. 31: Y-USA will publish go-forward communications, user group, support, etc.
- Jan. 1, 2022: Open Y core team members shift their focus back to Y North
- Jan. 1, 2022: Y-USA will continue to enhance and support the Open Y code
We want to share our gratitude: Open Y impact and successes were a result of all of you
Open Y is so many things, and perhaps most importantly it is community - a group of like-minded individuals putting energy and resources into digital for our common good. We are grateful for all the YMCAs and partners who have funded, supported and/or participated in Open Y up to this point. Thank you for being part of this journey with us.
Please submit your questions to the Open Y core team and the Y-USA technology team.
Nathan Maehren (and the Open Y Core Team)
Siva Balu (and the Y-USA Digital Technology Team)