Virtual Y became available for Open Y websites on June 19.
What is Virtual Y?
It's a digital space to provide the same content, programming and resources your members enjoy in the branch in a gated, authenticated area of your website.
- Available to all Ys, not just those with an OY site
- Access is granted only for authenticated users who present a valid Member ID for your organization
- Live Streams, On-Demand Video, Virtual Events and Written Content all supported
How do I get it?
- If you work with one of our preferred partners, please reach out to your account manager for next steps and timeline information.
- If you have a DIY site or work with a different agency, you may use these documentation and instructions on GitHub
- If you do not have an Open Y site, sit tight! An independent Virtual Y solution is coming in less than 2 weeks.
Do I need to upgrade to get it?
Our incredible developer team has also established a structure to allow Y's to obtain Virtual Y without undergoing a full site upgrade, saving your association time and $$$!
However, if it has been 12+ months since your last upgrade we recommend you proceed to keep your site up to date with the latest features and security. This will reduce future upgrade costs (it's more expensive to update a site that is multiple versions behind) and help prepare you for Drupal 9.
How do I learn more?
- Join our meet-up on July 16
- Watch the June call recording (19:45)
- Read Paige's overview on the Message Board
- Sandbox demo experience
- User documentation and instructions