- Slide deck (from the July 16 Virtual Y Meet-up)
- Recording of the 7/16 Virtual Y Meet-up (includes demo)
- Sandbox demo experience
- Virtual Y tutorials - YouTube video documentation
- Virtual Y user docs - How to documentation
- Virtual Y FAQs - Overview of Y questions
- Virtual Y Help Desk - Meet-up, 1st Thursday monthly
What is Virtual Y?
It's a digital space to provide the same content, programming and resources your members enjoy in the branch in a gated, authenticated area of your website.
- Available to all Ys, not just those with an OY site
- Access is granted only for authenticated users who present a valid Member ID for your organization
- Live Streams, On-Demand Video, Virtual Events and Written Content all supported
How do I get it?
- If you work with one of our preferred partners, please reach out to your account manager for next steps and timeline information.
- If you have a DIY Open Y site or work with a different agency, you may use the technical documentation in GitHub
- If you do not have an Open Y site your developer partner can follow the instructions under #2.
Do I need to upgrade to get it?
Our incredible developer team has also established a structure to allow Y's to obtain Virtual Y without undergoing a full site upgrade, saving your association time and $$$!
However, if it has been 12+ months since your last upgrade we recommend you proceed to keep your site up to date with the latest features and security. This will reduce future upgrade costs (it's more expensive to update a site that is multiple versions behind) and help prepare you for Drupal 9.
Virtual Y became available for Open Y websites on June 19, 2020.